Wednesday 17 February 2010

101 Dresses.

Good evening everyone. How are we all on this rather cold Wednesday evening?

Well as promised and as the title of this post suggests, I am going to be talking dresses. Well for now anyway. Back in January 2009 I made a pact with myself that I would no longer slum it in trousers all the time and to assure my hubby that he had in actual fact married a lady (as if there was any doubt!!) I would buy a dress. Nothing fancy, just a plain old dress. I managed to find one from Tesco of all places. I was 1 and a half stone heavier than I am now when I got it and wasn't at all confident about wearing it but something clicked, especially during the summer. And wore it I did. It was a navy blue shift. Perfect for work, rest and play. Poor thing fell to bit's but it helped me to see that I don't have to cover up from head to toe to look good. And I can wear a dress as a busy mum. I now own 10 and 3 skirts which is pretty good going. Some are too big now and have to be worn belted and others are cheapys from tesco etc as my shopping budget is not as large for me as I would like and I never have much luck with charity chops!










Thought I would also show you my ever expanding collection of necklaces and bracelets. I can get some really nice bit's and bobs from all over the place which don't cost the earth, which I hope helps keep things looking abit more fresh.










Last but not least my outfit for today. Yes I know. I'm wearing trousers!! Yea old faithfuls from Primark in dark grey which I have had about 6 years. They were the best £8 I have ever spent. I will never part with them. They were too small for me at the beginning of 2009 but now I have to wear them with a belt and can pull them down without trying (which the hubby likes!! Typical bloke!) Necklace and tee shirt from Primark and leopard print cardi from??? Slippers from Sainsburys!!
Excuse the mess, the potty in the corner and a small child who I'm not supposed to mention (oopss!!)


What is your favorite buy of the moment? Mine is the skirt pictured above. Matalan £12. 2 sizes smaller than I would have to normally get thanks to the weight loss. Can't wait for the sunshine!!

See you all soon


Catherine xx

3 comments:

  1. Well done on the weight loss, you're looking fantastic :)

    The patterns on those dresses are beautiful and really bold. Bet you can't wait for summer till you can get them out again.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm in total agreement with Alex, a great achievement, Catherine, well done!
    I absolutely love the print of the third dress. Where was it from? I think I need it!
    Vix
    xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Vix

    The third dress was from H & M last year. This was the other dress I lived in for the summer and so out of my normal comfort zone!! It was £15 and who'd of thought that I of all people would buy something that is so 'in' again this year!! get me tee hee xx

    ReplyDelete