Sunday 7 February 2010

Disorderly Chaos


Doesn't the weekend come and go with a blink of an eye? It scares me how it gets to home time on Friday and I think to myself I have a whole 2 days to loll around, get the shopping done, the house clean and generally chill, but before I know it Monday morning is just around the corner and bags need packing, clothes need sorting and boys need bathing!

Well Saturday was spent doing our first ever big monthly shop, followed by me in the kitchen for what felt like days but in reality was only a few hours, batch cooking things ready for the freezer. Now when you look at the pictures of the chaos you may not think it's that bad. It was. I admit it. I am a MESSY cook. Flour on every surface including the floor and odds and ends of veg over every suface. Not good. However the result was 7 meals all ready for the freezer.This included baked bolognese, little lemon meatballs, beef and ale stew (dumplings to add later), lemon drizzle cake and little chocolate fudge cakes. Yum!

Today hasn't really been spent doing much. The kids have been pretty good. We have had some family round for a cuppa and went for a short drive in the countryside. Being in the middle of Derbyshire we only have to go 10 yards before some lovely scenery is to be had (pictures to be posted at a later date.) Other highlights have included a catch up with the t.v and Lucas our youngest pretending to be a darleck!! (hence the wash basket!!)
Well I hope that you have a a good weekend? I shall be back again in the middle of the week. Have a good few days and take care,
Catherine xx

2 comments:

  1. Seven meals ready for the freezer? Hardly the behaviour of a slummy mummy! Well done, you!
    Vix
    xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks!! Though it took alot of prep, normally it's ready meals or beans on toast!! My poor boys, hee hee. xx

    ReplyDelete